Advisory on Phone Impersonation Scams
We are aware that members of the public have recently received calls from the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) hotline relating to the collection of documents/parcel. The CPIB would like to clarify that these calls were not made by our officers.
2. Members of the public are advised to take the following precautions when they receive such calls:
- Ignore such calls and instructions to remit or transfer money for any transactions. No government agency will inform you to make a payment through a telephone call, especially to a third party’s bank account;
- Refrain from providing personal information and bank details, whether on the website or to callers over the phone;
- Perform a call back to verify if the call was indeed made from the number displayed on your phone
3. CPIB takes a serious view of such scam calls as it undermines public trust in the Bureau. If you have any information related to the scam calls, please call the Police hotline at 1800-255-0000, or submit the information online at www.police.gov.sg/iwitness. For more scam-related advice, please visit www.scamalert.sg.
Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau