2. This Site is the official Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau website. It is owned, operated and maintained by the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (“CPIB”).
3. The materials located on this Site including the information and any software programs (the “Contents”), are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the Contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by CPIB.
4. Please click here to review this Site’s Privacy Statement.
Restrictions on Use of Contents
5. Except as otherwise provided, the Contents of this Site shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of CPIB.
6. Subject to Clause 4.3, to use any parts of the Contents of this Site, the user must seek permission in writing, stating the:
- Contents for use;
- Intent of use;
- Manner of use;
- Time frame of use; and
- Identity of the user.
7. CPIB reserves the right to refuse permission without declaring reason(s) and/or if the information submitted by the user is deemed insufficient.
8. You may use, hyperlink, copy and distribute the Contents solely for personal, internal, non-commercial or informational purposes only. You may download one copy of any information provided in this Site onto a single computer for your own personal, non-commercial use provided that you keep intact all accompanying copyright and other proprietary notices. You may not display, distribute or otherwise use any of the Content for any commercial purpose unless you receive specific written consent from CPIB.
9. Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents without CPIB’s written permission or for any other purpose outside the scope of CPIB’s permission will be a violation of CPIB’s copyright and other intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this Site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the prior written permission of CPIB.
10. The design and layout of this website is protected by intellectual property and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound, image or search engine from this website may be copied or transmitted unless expressly permitted by CPIB.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
11. The Contents of this Site are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind. While CPIB has made every reasonable effort to ensure that the information contained in this website has been obtained from reliable sources, CPIB shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
12. To the fullest extent permitted by law, CPIB does not warrant and hereby disclaims any warranty:
- as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the Contents of this Site; and
- that the Contents available through this Site or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Site and the server is and will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements.
13. CPIB shall also not be liable for any damage or loss of any kind howsoever caused as a result (direct or indirect) of the use of the Site, including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the Contents contained in or available from the Site.
Right of Access
14. CPIB reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Site to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Site, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
15. You unconditionally agree that you will not:
- use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy any pages within this website or the Contents without CPIB’s prior written permission;
- use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site; or
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on CPIB’s servers.
Links from This Site to Other Websites
16. This Site contains hyperlinks to websites which are not maintained by CPIB nor controlled by CPIB. CPIB shall not be responsible for the contents of these websites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those websites. Use of the hyper-links and access to such websites are entirely at your own risk. All hyperlinks to other websites are provided as a convenience to you as a user of the Site. The inclusion of any hyperlink shall not imply the endorsement by CPIB of the hyperlinked website. In no circumstances shall CPIB be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites to which this Site is linked.
Links to This Site from Other Websites