Full Time Police National Serviceman Charged for Alleged Corruption Offences
On 24 November 2022, Fahd Siddiqui (“Fahd”) (20 years old male, Indian Singaporean) a full-time Police National Serviceman at the material time, was charged in Court for allegedly committing corruption offences.
2. On 1 November 2022 and 4 November 2022, Fahd allegedly attempted to obtain gratifications in the form of sexual services from three social escorts as inducements to refrain from taking enforcement action against them.
3. For his alleged actions, Fahd faces two charges for offences punishable under Section 6(a) of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
4. Singapore adopts a strict zero-tolerance approach towards corruption. Any person who is convicted of a corruption offence under Section 6 of the Prevention of Corruption Act can be fined up to S$100,000 or sentenced to imprisonment of up to five years or both.
5. The Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) looks into all corruption complaints and reports, including anonymous ones, and can be reached via the following channels:
6. Where possible, the report should include the following information:
a) Where, when and how the alleged corrupt act happened?
b) Who was involved and what were their roles?
c) What was the bribe given and the favour shown?
Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau